Saturday, May 2, 2009

Hummingbirds, Orioles and Indigo Buntings

The first hummingbird report of the season came in yesterday morning from a very excited customer. He lives in Kronenwetter.

Oriole reports have been coming in for nearly a week and we've gotten three reports of Indigo Buntings.

My bluebirds have finally chosen a nestbox and when I took out their morning ration of mealworms I checked the box and the nest is done! No eggs yet but I'm sure it is only a matter of time.

I saw my first Green Heron of the year in back of the store yesterday and I had a Fox Sparrow on the ground below the feeders for the first time. Had three flickers in one of the trees to the south of the store and the very next day I thought they had returned as I could hear them and when I went out there, a starling was the one mimicking them! Great time of year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment