I've been blogging on our local newspaper website but the functions are a bit limited so I'll give it a shot here.
I own the Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in Wausau located across the street from Walmart in Rib Mountain. I'm obsessed with birding - both out in the field and watching the feeders. I not only watch the feeders at home but I have a few at the store that I watch when I'm not with customers.
Birds at the feeders? At home: Red-breasted Nuthatch, White-breasted Nuthatch, American Tree Sparrow, Dark-eyed Junco's, American Goldfinches, Pine Siskins, Black-capped Chickadees, Northern Cardinals, Mourning Doves, Common Redpolls, Downy and Hairy Woodpeckers. At the store: American Goldfinches, Pine Siskins and Common Redpolls. I was being marauded by European Starlings so we only have Nyger tube feeders at the store. Limits the species but at least those pesky starlings are gone. What are you seeing at your feeders?
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment